Sasidharan, Lekshmi, Dr.
Dr. Lekshmi Sasidharan
Institute for Transport Planning and Systems (IVT)
HIL F 41.3
- Traffic Safety and Control
- Geometric Design
- Human Factors
- Ph.D in Civil and Environmental Engineering (Transportation), Minor in Statistics.
The Pennsylvania State University, University Park.
- MSc in Traffic and Transportation Planning
- BSc in Civil Engineering
- 2012 - 2013
- Post Doctoral Researcher, Larson Pennsylvania Transportation Institute
- 2004 - 2006
- Lecturer in Civil Engineering, University of Kerala, India
- Sasidharan, L. and M. Menendez (forthcoming) Partial Proportional Odds Model – An Alternate Choice for Analyzing Pedestrian Crash Injury Severities, Accident Analysis & Prevention. Download
- Sasidharan, L. and E.T. Donnell (2014) Propensity scores-potential outcomes framework to incorporate severity probabilities in the Highway Safety Manual crash prediction algorithm, Accident Analysis & Prevention, 71, 183-193. Download
- Sasidharan, L. and M. Menendez (2014) Beneficial and Detrimental Factors Influencing Pedestrian Crash Injury Severities in Switzerland Using Partial Proportional Odds Model, SVT Working Paper, 71, IVT, ETH Zurich, Zurich. Download
- Sasidharan, L. and E.T. Donnell (2013) Application of propensity scores and potential outcomes to estimate effectiveness of traffic safety countermeasures: Exploratory analysis using intersection lighting data, Accident Analysis & Prevention, 50, 539-553.
- Wu, K.F., E.T. Donnell, S.C. Himes and L. Sasidharan (2013) Exploring the association between traffic safety and geometric design consistency based on vehicle speed metrics, ASCE Journal of Transportation Engg, 139 (7) 738-748.
- Sasidharan, L., E.T. Donnell and P.M. Garvey (2010) Effect of Bead Gun Angle and Paint Truck Speed on Longitudinal Nighttime Pavement Marking Visibility, paper presented at the 89th Annual Meeting of the Transportation Research Board, Washington, D.C., January 2010.
- Sasidharan, L., V. Karwa, and E.T. Donnell (2009) Use of pavement marking degradation models to develop a pavement marking management system, Public Works Management & Policy, 14 (2) 148-173.