van Eggermond, Michael
Michael van Eggermond
Future Cities Laboratory
#06-01 CREATE Tower
1 CREATE Way
- Modeling and quantifying individual choice behaviour
- Decision support for both individuals and organizations
- Choice set generation
- Transportation modeling
- 2011 -
- Singapore-ETH Centre for Global Environmental Sustainability, Future Cities Laboratory. PhD Student at the first foreign centre of the ETH Zurich, located in Singapore. The research concerns the implementation and the extension of the MATSim framework for Singapore. My part will address the development of several discrete choice models required for MATSim. The research is conducted in an international team of 5 persons headed by Professor Kay W. Axhausen and Alexander Erath.
- 2010 - 2011
- INITI8 B.V.: R&D Manager: Coordinating the research and development activities, both operational and strategic.
- 2008 - 2010
- INITI8 B.V.; Consultant. Projects in various sectors (healthcare, inland shipping, post handling, mainports) and with various stakeholders (municipalities, provinces, privately owned companies) with as main theme logistics, intra-organizational optimization, data visualization and performance measurement.
- ETH Zurich, Zurich; Master thesis in the transport planning group of Professor Kay W. Axhausen and under supervision of Professor Bovy. Topic: Consumer choice behaviour and strategies of air transportation modeling. The thesis concerns the modeling of itinerary choice behaviour, by applying discrete choice theory and addresses potential application areas of such models.
- INITI8 B.V., Rotterdam; Data-analyst and simulation consultant for several sectors, such as juvenile care. A system dynamics approach is used.
- TNO & TU Delft, Master project; A three month investigation towards the potential of on-demand air transportation in Europe (grade 8.5/10).
- 2005 - 2006
- INITI8 B.V. Internship and bachelor thesis, Rotterdam; the handling and planning of chemical tankers in the port of Rotterdam. Project conducted under supervision of Prof A. Verbraeck, TU Delft.
- 2004 - 2007
- Master Transport, Infrastructure & Logistics, Delft University of Technology, completed with honors. Collaboration between Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Systems Engineering. (Average grade 8/10, Master thesis 9/10)
- ETH Zurich, Master Courses Econometrics, Microeconomics, Energy Economics (Average grade 5/6)
- Erasmus student exchange, ETH Zurich, Master Courses Civil Engineering, Social Sciences and Management, Technology and Economics. (Average grade 5/6)
- 2000 - 2006
- Bachelor Systems Engineering, Policy & Management, Delft University of Technology. Bachelor thesis within the Systems Engineering department (Average grade 7/10, Bachelor thesis 8/10)
- 1999 - 2000
- Civil Engineering, Delft University of Technology
- 1992 - 1999
- VWO, Lorentz-Casimir Lyceum, Eindhoven Dutch, English, German, Math-B, Math-A, Physics, History, Business
Betreute studentische Arbeiten
- Lehner, M. (2011) Modelling housing prices in Singapore applying spatial hedonic regression, Master Thesis, IVT, ETH Zurich.
- Schirmer, P.M., M.A.B. van Eggermond and K.W. Axhausen (2013) Measuring Location in Residential Location Choice: An Empirical Study on the Canton of Zurich, paper presented at the 13th International Conference on Computers in Urban Planning and Urban Management, Utrecht, July 2013. Download
- van Eggermond, M.A.B., A. Erath and K.W. Axhausen (2012b) Vehichle ownership in Singapore using revealed-preference data and spatial variables, paper presented at the 13th International Conference on Travel Behaviour Research (IATBR), Toronto, July 2012. Download
- Schirmer, P., M.A.B. van Eggermond and K.W. Axhausen (2012) Reviewing measurements in residential location choice models, paper presented at the 13th International Conference on Travel Behaviour Research (IATBR), Toronto, July 2012. Download
- Erath, A., P.J. Fourie, M.A.B. van Eggermond, S.A. Ordóñez Medina, A. Chakirov and K.W. Axhausen (2012) Large-scale agent-based transport travel demand model for Singapore, paper presented at the 13th International Conference on Travel Behaviour Research (IATBR), Toronto, July 2012. Download
- van Eggermond, M.A.B., A. Erath and K.W. Axhausen (2012a) Object-fine choice models for long-term decisions: which level of granularity is necessary?, paper presented at the 12th Swiss Transport Research Conference, Ascona, May 2012. Download
- Lehner, M., M.A.B. van Eggermond, A. Erath and K. W. Axhausen (2012) Expected and revealed housing preferences in Singapore: A comparison of asking and transaction price data using spacial autoregressive models, Forthcoming.
- van Eggermond, M.A.B., M. Lehner and A. Erath (2011) Modeling hedonic prices in Singapore, paper presented at the 16th international conference of Hong Kong Society for Transportation Studies, Hong Kong, December 2011. Download
- van Eggermond, M.A.B.., N. Schüssler and K.W. Axhausen (2007b) Consumer choice behavior and strategies of air transportation providers, paper presented at the 7th Swiss Transport Research Conference, Ascona, September 2007. Download
- van Eggermond, M.A.B., N. Schüssler and K.W. Axhausen (2008) Accounting for similarities in air transport route choice, Working Paper, 496, IVT, ETH Zurich, Zurich. Download
Diese Website wird in älteren Versionen von Netscape ohne
graphische Elemente dargestellt. Die Funktionalität der
Website ist aber trotzdem gewährleistet. Wenn Sie diese
Website regelmässig benutzen, empfehlen wir Ihnen, auf
Ihrem Computer einen aktuellen Browser zu installieren. Weitere
Informationen finden Sie auf
The content in this site is accessible to any browser or
Internet device, however, some graphics will display correctly
only in the newer versions of Netscape. To get the most out of
our site we suggest you upgrade to a newer browser.